If you confirm there is a ticking, clicking, thumping or knocking noise heard in the passenger compartment at idle, it could be coming from the engine compartment.
• 2003-‘06 Murano (Z50); and
• 2003-‘06 350Z (Z33).
1. With the engine idling, feel the fuel damper hose while the noise is occurring. The fuel damper hose is located on the Bank 1 side of the engine. See Fig. 1.
2. If the vibration of the fuel damper hose coincides with the noise heard inside the vehicle, replace the fuel damper and the attached hose on that cylinder bank (Bank 1).
3. See the respective ESM and Engine Mechanical section in the appropriate service manual for replacement of the damper with hose.
4. Confirm the noise at idle from the passenger compartment is not present.
Technical service bulletin courtesy of ALLDATA.
For additional tech tips, visit www.alldata.com.
Latest posts by AutoCarePro Team (see all)
- MOOG Introduces New Parts, Tools For More Than 14.5 Million Passenger Vehicles - Jul 31, 2014
- Federated Car Care Customers Get Ready To ‘Get Dirty With Kenny’ - Jul 31, 2014
- Dayco Adds New Feature To Website - Jul 31, 2014