If you confirm there is a ticking, clicking, thumping or knocking noise heard in the passenger compartment at idle, it could be coming from the engine compartment.
• 2003-‘06 Murano (Z50); and
• 2003-‘06 350Z (Z33).
1. With the engine idling, feel the fuel damper hose while the noise is occurring. The fuel damper hose is located on the Bank 1 side of the engine. See Fig. 1.
2. If the vibration of the fuel damper hose coincides with the noise heard inside the vehicle, replace the fuel damper and the attached hose on that cylinder bank (Bank 1).
3. See the respective ESM and Engine Mechanical section in the appropriate service manual for replacement of the damper with hose.
4. Confirm the noise at idle from the passenger compartment is not present.
Technical service bulletin courtesy of ALLDATA.
For additional tech tips, visit www.alldata.com.
Latest posts by AutoCarePro Team (see all)
- Arnott Introduces New Left Or Right Rear Air Spring For 2003-’12 Range Rover L322 - Jan 30, 2015
- PaceSetter Performance Products Offers Direct-Fit Undercar Catalytic Converters For 2005-’07 Subaru Outback, 3.0L Engine - Jan 30, 2015
- WIX Filters Showcases Heavy-Duty Product Line In Latest Fuel Maintenance Initiative - Jan 30, 2015